I’ve seen this on my dash a few times now and it’s getting really annoying. It has over 30k notes and I am just kind of appalled, so I thought I would give my suggestions and opinions in case anyone bothers listening to my reasoning :T
The post limit was put in place to keep tumbr from becoming overrun with spam and automatic posting bot blogs. Nobody really needs to make several hundred posts a day, go outside or do something productive for a couple hours. You’ll live, I promise.
Tumblr is a blogging site. If you want a chatroom GO MAKE A CHATROOM. It’s as easy as going to Tinychat or Mibbit and starting up a chatroom, posting a link to your blog, and letting your followers hop in. Don’t go to Baskin-Robbins and order a cheeseburger.
Change is hard, but you can either chillax and get used to it (you will, okay?) or if you simply can’t accept it, try googling around for a browser add-on that will rearrange the dash contents. If none exist, look for someone in the tumblr scripting community who is open to suggestions and you might get lucky. Propose the idea publicly (and politely) and see if any supporters want to hop on!
Tumblr is not an IM service nor is it an email service. The ask limit is, again, in place to keep spammers from taking over peoples’ inboxes. If you want to chat or role play, there are so many better options than tumblr to use, even if it’s just after you hit your limit.
You don’t have to be so supremely pissed off and un-accepting of every change tumblr makes. Remember you are using this site COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE, and the folks at tumblr HQ are just trying to make everything run smoothly. Try looking for solutions to your problems and learn to go with the flow when it comes to things you can’t change before bitching the staff out in text posts over scheduled downtime and site tweaks, because that really isn’t going to do you any good. So please.
Please. :| Everybody calm your pouches, be happy. Thank.
- kaybee384 reblogged this from lemonadesstand
- candiedstars likes this
- faggotuscolosseus reblogged this from gh0stick
- faggotuscolosseus likes this
- sheperrd reblogged this from unauthorized-user
- laughingpsalmist reblogged this from lemonadesstand
- laughingpsalmist likes this
- visambros likes this
- lemonadesstand reblogged this from gh0stick and added:
- babblingbug likes this
- whittacker likes this
- ladylovelycocks said:thank you
- babblingbug said:seriously. All these bitches complaining about this COMPLETELY FREE SERVICE and all the changes that do not affect their blogging in any significant way. Pisses me ooooofffff.
- ladylovelycocks likes this
- gh0stick posted this